Monday, February 9, 2009

My World#10 Sohoton Cove, Surigao

This is the entrance to Sohoton Cove, Socorro, Bucas Grande Island, Surigao, Philippines. The cove is usually half-submerged in waters and can only be accessible during low tides. Inside Sohoton Cove is a lagoon with green, forested islets in pristine waters. Upon entering the place, there is a certain kind of peacefulness and serenity that is palpable.

Kayaking and boating is allowed in the area but people are encouraged to be quite as the place is considered enchanted and a holy place for the natives.

Sohoton Cove has only one entrance and exit access. This is the marker near the entrance of the cove. It is just so easy to get lost inside the lagoon as well as lost track of time. Boatmen use this rock as a marker if the tide is starting to go up and to not get lost inside the lagoon. As can be seen, the whiter or lighter color of the rock is where the waters can go as high up during high tide.

See the other worlds here.

This is my entry for:

SHARE AND ENJOY THIS POST: Digg ThisAdd To Del.icio.us Add To Furl Add To Reddit Fav This With Technorati Add To Yahoo MyWeb Add To Newsvine Add To Google Bookmarks Add To Bloglines Add To Ask Add To Windows Live Add To Slashdot Stumble This

22 comments:

Guy D February 9, 2009 at 7:30 PM  

Wow that would be so much for to explore, great photos.

Have a great week!
Guy
Regina In Pictures

Photo Cache February 9, 2009 at 7:50 PM  

thats really something. thanks for sharing it with us.

my entry is at http://ewok1993.wordpress.com

Louise February 9, 2009 at 8:15 PM  

That's it. GOTTA go to the Philippines. Who cares if you get lost in there? SO beautiful.

George February 9, 2009 at 8:30 PM  

This looks like a wonderful place to visit. Thanks for telling us about it.

Anonymous February 9, 2009 at 11:05 PM  

Lovely! I've never been to Sohoton Cave, although I've been to Siargao :-) Thanks for sharing!

Gattina February 10, 2009 at 12:00 AM  

Wow that looks beautiful ! would love to see that in real !

antigoni February 10, 2009 at 12:07 AM  

Amazing place! I love the green colour of the water. Excellent photos.

Anonymous February 10, 2009 at 12:53 AM  

Oh my gosh.. the Philippines is indeed one great country. i wish i can see that place, too!

My World welcomes you here. Have a great day!

The Good Life in Virginia February 10, 2009 at 5:24 AM  

reminds me of the grottoes at the island of capri in italy...beautiful photos and interesting post.
have a good week.
erin

Dorothy February 10, 2009 at 6:04 AM  

I enjoyed reading your blog! Thanks for visiting mine! So many 'worlds' to explore!

Unknown February 10, 2009 at 6:22 AM  

Nindota uy! Thanks for showing us a different Sohoton Cave, I remember you telling me that you've been to this cave also named Sohoton. This is a great place to visit. Mabuhay!

Cecile/DreamCreateRepeat February 10, 2009 at 6:31 AM  

Hi! I saw your comment on my blog and I came to visit. Do you mind if I ask how you found me?! I enjoy knowing the trail that leads us to each other....

Beautiful pictures! I love grottos and caves, so I especially enjoyed finding this on my first visit.

Lew February 10, 2009 at 7:04 PM  

Interesting place! It looks like high tide really is HIGH. Thanks for visiting My World.

Grammy February 10, 2009 at 9:07 PM  

Thanks for sharing your beautiful world. I love the photos.
Have a great week.
Grammy
Missouri, USA

Anonymous February 10, 2009 at 9:18 PM  

Very nice

Chat with Kathleen February 10, 2009 at 10:46 PM  

That for sharing some beautiful images. I enjoyed reading about your world.

chrome3d February 10, 2009 at 11:04 PM  

I can see why some might think it´s enchanted. The forms of the cave are quite astonishing.

Mamapippa ... February 11, 2009 at 12:04 AM  

Wow, great views !
Love it !

VALKYRIEN February 11, 2009 at 1:47 AM  

Wow - that is amazing! Would really love to visit a place like that!

Heidenstrom February 11, 2009 at 4:34 AM  

good pen!

enjoy your traveling!

http://happycaveman.blogspot.com

Carver February 15, 2009 at 5:11 AM  

That looks like a great place to go. Beautiful and interesting.

The Islander May 28, 2009 at 5:10 AM  

I call Sohoton a hidden paradise. and im so proud surigao del norte is its home. makes me proud to be a surigaonon.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blog Directory for the Philippines
Blog Directory & Search engineblog search directory

  © Blogger template 'Perfection' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP