Friday, April 9, 2010

Skywatch#26 Stairyway to the Skies

Like stairways to the skies, these rice terraces found in Banaue never fail to amaze me. I can only imagine the sheer determination and hardwork of the people who carved these stairlike rice paddies on the mountain slopes.

rice terraces,Luzon,Philippines,Banaue



Go here for more Skywatch entries.

SHARE AND ENJOY THIS POST: Digg ThisAdd To Del.icio.us Add To Furl Add To Reddit Fav This With Technorati Add To Yahoo MyWeb Add To Newsvine Add To Google Bookmarks Add To Bloglines Add To Ask Add To Windows Live Add To Slashdot Stumble This

12 comments:

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 April 9, 2010 at 11:09 PM  

when I was young, I learned about these terraces.

Ana April 10, 2010 at 12:25 AM  

Hi I arrived here via photohunt, after reading that post I was curious to see the terraces, glad I found this photo too.

Dhemz April 10, 2010 at 12:57 AM  

agoy ka nice sa photo...love it love it!

thanks for swinging by on my page...great to be here...btw, your entry link is broken....I noticed that from my comment page.....just so you know....:)

Ramosforest.Environment April 10, 2010 at 4:30 AM  

Great rice terrace shot and information.
Thanks.
Luiz Ramos

Dave April 10, 2010 at 9:09 AM  

Beautiful landscape - makes me want to plan a trip to the Phillipines! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Ruby April 10, 2010 at 10:38 AM  

wonderful sight in pinas...happy weekend Tes!

EG CameraGirl April 10, 2010 at 2:49 PM  

The terraces are very photogenic under a pretty sky!

Johnny Nutcase April 10, 2010 at 9:37 PM  

wow, really great picture on so many levels. Captures a lot, well done!

vincibene April 11, 2010 at 10:46 AM  

Breathtaking landscape! Wonderful picture!

The Write Girl April 11, 2010 at 6:53 PM  

What an amazing view! Thank you for sharing your part of the world and thank you for your visit.

Kcalpesh April 12, 2010 at 12:22 AM  

To all the people who have done this! Really admirable and fantastic job :-)
Beautiful Photography!

Pixellicious Photos

Ebie April 12, 2010 at 1:28 PM  

It is a breath taking view! I could feel the wind....

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blog Directory for the Philippines
Blog Directory & Search engineblog search directory

  © Blogger template 'Perfection' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP