Monday, February 8, 2010

My World#58 Angels Log, Malaybalay, Bukidnon

On my travels, trying out the food from the places I have visited go along with discovering new places, meeting different people and taking a lot of pictures. Here's one yummy example of good food on one of my travels.

The six to seven hours travel from Davao to Bukidnon can be bone jarring and butt wrenching. While the views along the way can help ease out these tortures, there's no better way to help ease body discomforts than doing several stops along the way.

Angels Log is a bakeshop/cafe situated just beside Jollibee Fastfood along National Highway, Malaybalay, Bukidnon and a recommended stop if you're traveling along that way.

Angels Log,Malaybalay


They are more known for their buko (young coconut meat) pie which at P140.00 is really worth it. When we got to the place, their buko pie has ran out of stock and we were told to try at their mall branch (NVM Mall) which was situated at the next town, Valencia.

Since we were already there and curious what other yummy food we should try aside from the buko pie (which we ordered in advance so we can just pick them up on the next town), we decided to try their muffin with a long name, Banana Carrot Pineapple Muffin. At P25 each, it was by far the most yummy, sinful but healthy muffin I've ever tasted and did I mention it's just P25.00? Yay! A must have! If you're buying this in one of Davao City's cafe, the price could go up double or triple.

Photobucket

After tasting the muffin, we decided to also try their moist chocolate cake which at P35.00 is cheap. Cheap but soft, moist and really chocolatey.
Photobucket

The lady by the counter offered brewed coffee and by that time, we were so ready to accept any thing she would offer to us. The coffee didn't disappoint too because it was just the right drink to down all those good food. While doing that, this painting caught my attention. Wouldn't it be nice to have this at home? Actually, I did not only like the painting but also the native baskets that were displayed just right beside it.

Photobucket

Another curio art that was hanging on the wall of Angels Log was this gold-colored table and spoon hanging on a slab of hardwood. Cool, eh!

Photobucket


Go here for more My World entries.


SHARE AND ENJOY THIS POST: Digg ThisAdd To Del.icio.us Add To Furl Add To Reddit Fav This With Technorati Add To Yahoo MyWeb Add To Newsvine Add To Google Bookmarks Add To Bloglines Add To Ask Add To Windows Live Add To Slashdot Stumble This

14 comments:

This Is My Blog - fishing guy February 8, 2010 at 4:31 PM  

Marite: That is certainly an interesting pastry shop.

julie February 8, 2010 at 4:37 PM  

padala ka ng muffin dito :D

Jenn February 8, 2010 at 11:41 PM  

I can already imagine the taste of the Banana Carrot Pineapple muffin. :-)

Xavi February 9, 2010 at 12:17 AM  

If you come to Barcelona, I make you a guide. There are many Filipinos in Barcelona.
You have a nice blog.ca
See you.

Photo Cache February 9, 2010 at 10:25 AM  

cake and coffee goes together perfectly.

i've had buko pie once and that's in tagaytay.

thanks for visiting me at http://ewok1993.wordpress.com

Lindz February 9, 2010 at 6:26 PM  

I truly enjoyed your photos and infos especially the looking yummy foods.

To answer your question; it's the East Hills bridge at East Hills, train line up abovee that link to Campbelltown line... I used my Motorolla phone just for that particular pictures (MY World post) funny coz it's alwys so colorful... otherwise I always post pictrues taken from my SLR Canon.... thanks for the visit.

Carolina Mountains February 9, 2010 at 7:16 PM  

Great review of the bakery! The chocolate cake looked yummy!

George February 9, 2010 at 8:04 PM  

This pastry shop sounds like a sinfully delicious place to visit. I wish I could get there.

Wolynski February 10, 2010 at 12:13 AM  

I've never had buko pie (I love coconut) or any of the other sinful stuff, but it sounds delicious. I guess traveling means tasting different foods.

Joyful February 10, 2010 at 1:04 AM  

I enjoyed your tour of the pastry shop. The prices sound so fantastic too! Thanks for dropping by my blog too :-)

aspiritofsimplicity February 10, 2010 at 2:24 AM  

What a fun place to go. The food sure does look good

Gena @ Thinking Aloud February 10, 2010 at 4:04 AM  

A lovely post - the cake/ muffins looks very, very good!!!! I also love the art in the last image!
thanks for sharing and for popping by my blog!
Gena @ Thinking Aloud
a photoblog
South Africa

arabesque February 10, 2010 at 6:34 AM  

the choco cake looks tempting, i;ve never been there yet, lookin at your fotos makes me want to visit this quaint shop. ^0^
the pastries you've inspired us today looks home made and tasty. ^0^

byron February 10, 2010 at 7:20 AM  

Marites wrote: Another curio art that was hanging on the wall of Angels Log was this gold-colored table and spoon hanging on a slab of hardwood. Cool, eh!

Yes, there is something simple and interesting about the piece, and I don't even like gold or wood as materials.. :) I like it.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blog Directory for the Philippines
Blog Directory & Search engineblog search directory

  © Blogger template 'Perfection' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP