Monday, April 18, 2011

My World#112 Philippine Churches Part 8: Basilic Minore del Sto. Nino

It's time for the centuries-old tradition Visita Iglesia this coming Holy Thursday. I have yet to decide what churches to choose. It would be easier to choose if I am somewhere the northern or middle part of the country with their centuries-old churches.

I've started to appreciate the Visita Iglesia (church visits) years ago when I did it in Ilocos. The centuries-old churches of the Philippines are really beautiful. There are so many of them that doing the Visita Iglesia need not to be boring.

One of the churches I find interesting is the Basilica Minore del Sto. Nino in Cebu City. I showed the photos of its facade earlier here. Here're the photos inside..

Basilica Del Sto. Nino,Cebu City
The miraculous Sto. Nino

Photobucket
The frescoes of the church

Photobucket
One of the antique paintings inside the church museum which is located on the left portion of the church

This is my entry for:


Go here for more entries.

SHARE AND ENJOY THIS POST: Digg ThisAdd To Del.icio.us Add To Furl Add To Reddit Fav This With Technorati Add To Yahoo MyWeb Add To Newsvine Add To Google Bookmarks Add To Bloglines Add To Ask Add To Windows Live Add To Slashdot Stumble This

6 comments:

Sylvia K April 18, 2011 at 4:06 PM  

Such a beautiful church, Marites, and your photos are wonderful! Hope your week goes well!

Sylvia

Jim April 18, 2011 at 4:53 PM  

These are great.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

Photo Cache April 18, 2011 at 6:50 PM  

i'll have visita iglesia too, i do every good friday, but the churches here are not grandiose like we do back home.

Halie April 19, 2011 at 8:13 AM  

These are all beautiful photos! I love them. You gave me an idea on what to do this coming Thursday/Friday.

As for your question, I use a Nikon D5000 with the kit lens (18-55) or a Nikon Coolpix P80.

I hope to see more of your photos. Following your blog, BTW.

LifeRamblings April 19, 2011 at 8:26 AM  

what a lovely church. hope your week is off to a good start.

Al April 19, 2011 at 4:54 PM  

That looks like a wonderful church. I like the photos, it's not easy to get good shots like these inside a church.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blog Directory for the Philippines
Blog Directory & Search engineblog search directory

  © Blogger template 'Perfection' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP