Tuesday, August 16, 2011

My World#126 Durian Time

Photobucket

Perhaps it was the heavy rains that have been hounding us too much this year or perhaps there is truth about old folks' saying that durian harvest alternately change volumes every year. So, if there were too many durians last year expect to have a little less this year. We had too much last year that our local hospitals reported a rise in number of admitted patients due to high blood pressure (durian is well-known to increase blood pressure).

Last year was like a record harvest not only for durian but also for some local fruits like lanzones, mangosteen, marang, pomelo and etc.

Photobucket

lanzones vendor

It's already mid-August, durian time should have started late July. Sadly, the fruits that we have been expecting to appear especially durian have yet to manifest themselves on the streets. I miss my durian but gee, I am not buying if it's still expensive.

Photobucket


This is my entry for:
Go here for more entries.

SHARE AND ENJOY THIS POST: Digg ThisAdd To Del.icio.us Add To Furl Add To Reddit Fav This With Technorati Add To Yahoo MyWeb Add To Newsvine Add To Google Bookmarks Add To Bloglines Add To Ask Add To Windows Live Add To Slashdot Stumble This

6 comments:

Sushma Harish August 16, 2011 at 10:52 AM  

oh my- beautiful ...informative for me too.
atch me back on http://sushmasgallery.blogspot.com

Veronica August 16, 2011 at 1:00 PM  

It always looks like such an interesting fruit and I would love to try it!

Veronica
www.mothercitymagic.blogspot.com

Rajesh August 16, 2011 at 6:38 PM  

Wonderful shots. I have not tasted this fruit.

Stewart M August 17, 2011 at 1:51 AM  

Hi there - makes me wonder how people first thought it would be a good idea to eat a fruit that looks like a weapon and smell of open drains!!

Have tried it - but don’t think I'm doing it again!

By the way - the water words in my blog that you liked are falling in front of a wall of stone, not wood. But I dont think that changes much!

Cheers Stewart M - Australia

Oman August 27, 2011 at 7:14 PM  

either you love it or hate that fruit.

i am not much of a fan of durian coz i can't seem to go past the smell :)

Marlene August 29, 2011 at 7:50 AM  

I love durian and lanzones! It's what I miss so much in my hometown.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blog Directory for the Philippines
Blog Directory & Search engineblog search directory

  © Blogger template 'Perfection' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP