Thursday, September 1, 2011

Skywatch#85 Kiteboarding At Boracay

Photobucket

While dark clouds and the sun rays battle for supremacy in that afternoon, I could only watch, took photos and be amazed at the kiteboarders' derring-do as they tackled the tailwinds of Typhoon Mina (International name: Nanmadol) passing by Boracay Island last week. 

As the typhoon battered the northern part of the Philippines, the tailwinds of Typhoon Mina made the kiteboarders' play so much fun and scary to watch in Boracay. Some moments, the wind would take them flying a few meters above the waters and in some moments, the wind would slam them back to the waters that I could barely see the top of their heads. For sure, not for the faint-hearted. I wondered if I could do it, actually.

This is my entry for:

SHARE AND ENJOY THIS POST: Digg ThisAdd To Del.icio.us Add To Furl Add To Reddit Fav This With Technorati Add To Yahoo MyWeb Add To Newsvine Add To Google Bookmarks Add To Bloglines Add To Ask Add To Windows Live Add To Slashdot Stumble This

13 comments:

Kel September 1, 2011 at 4:03 PM  

wow, you've captured amazing light and action here

Judy September 1, 2011 at 4:18 PM  

It's a dramatic photo, with those clouds, and the waves! I am quite sure that I would be on the beach, watching, not trying that sport!! But I would be loving the beach and the wind!

Anonymous September 1, 2011 at 9:00 PM  

Wow - love the drama and action in this great picture!

Chubskulit Rose September 1, 2011 at 9:31 PM  

Gorgeous capture!

Sky Writers, have a good weekend.

Luna Miranda September 1, 2011 at 9:37 PM  

wow, these guys are fearless! the dark clouds look menacing. marvelous shot!

Ebie September 1, 2011 at 10:33 PM  

Nice shot! One of the kites is shaped like a crescent moon!

Steffi September 1, 2011 at 11:05 PM  

Wow...what a stunning photo!Great photo for SWF!Have a nice weekend!

Laura September 2, 2011 at 8:56 AM  

amazing photo...so much movement, wow!

Arlene September 2, 2011 at 9:13 AM  

Hi tes, I have added ur url to my blogroll. I hope you have added mine.

Thanks for dropping by. I miss skywatching really.

Take care and I hope to see u in the MBS this year. Diri Iligan tes and moanhi gihapon silang Kerslyn puhon.

Anonymous September 2, 2011 at 10:47 AM  

awesome =)

happy swf

Photo Cache September 2, 2011 at 2:02 PM  

incredible capture. love this image.

ewok

Merike September 3, 2011 at 5:28 AM  

Wow! Nice dramatic photo.

Regards! :)

tractorgal September 7, 2011 at 4:04 PM  

AWSOME!I want to thank you for visiting my blog you have a wonderful blog,I truly injoyed the visit.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blog Directory for the Philippines
Blog Directory & Search engineblog search directory

  © Blogger template 'Perfection' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP