Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My World#7 Magsaysay Park

This is my entry for:



Magsaysay Park is located at the northern end of Magsaysay Ave., of our city. It is named after the 7th President of the Philippines, Ramon Magsaysay.


The park is a popular place for the locals especially on late afternoons and weekends when families, couples or group of friends just sit around for picnics. In the mornings, the park has the morning exercisers doing aerobics, taichi, jogging, walking and biking. After its rehabilitation several years ago, several commercial establishments were allowed to operate inside the park’s premises, however, these establishments closed down or transferred after the park started implementing the 7pm closing time.

My early memories of the park go back when I was just in grade school. My parents used to take us there often when the sun was just starting to rise. My father would do his early morning jog around the park while me and my brother played around as my mother kept an eye on us. After his morning exercise, we would eat the packed breakfast my parents brought before we go home.

The park is also popular for the durian fruit stores lining up just outside its gates. It is also fronting one of the two of the newly installed Chinese arches in the area.

More worlds here...


SHARE AND ENJOY THIS POST: Digg ThisAdd To Del.icio.us Add To Furl Add To Reddit Fav This With Technorati Add To Yahoo MyWeb Add To Newsvine Add To Google Bookmarks Add To Bloglines Add To Ask Add To Windows Live Add To Slashdot Stumble This

12 comments:

antigoni January 14, 2009 at 10:52 AM  

Beautiful place and great photos.

Anonymous January 14, 2009 at 12:06 PM  

Family, traditions. Beautiful your World.

Anonymous January 14, 2009 at 6:21 PM  

I love parks - they are such a lovely and peaceful oasis in the city, especially when there are such good memories as you have.

Mojo January 15, 2009 at 6:20 AM  

I can see how it came to be a favorite. I especially love the first shot. Parks here wouldn't display such artwork for fear of vandalism I think.

Chat with Kathleen January 15, 2009 at 8:56 PM  

A beautiful park and great memories to recollect. What a great family gathering at the park to have a breakfast there among the green surrounding and have your father do his daily jog. Terrific!

Jack and Joann January 15, 2009 at 8:58 PM  

That one shot of the park with the winding hedge row of shrubs was gorgeous. By the way,I was briefly in the Phillipines in 1968 when I took a trip from Okinawa where I was teaching first grade. I was there over Christmas and went to mass at a Cathderal in downtown Manila. Of course, this was probably before you were even born. LOL!

Glennis January 16, 2009 at 12:26 AM  

Nice and cool and shady, great place for family strolls.

shaker January 16, 2009 at 1:25 AM  

Great place !

Kathy W January 16, 2009 at 3:57 AM  

Those pictures are wonderful. LOL love looking at all those trees with leaves on them. Everything here is dormant right now and looks depressing. Thanks for sharing a part of your world. Hope you have a wonderful day. =)

Janie January 16, 2009 at 6:23 AM  

I've never heard of a picnic breakfast before, but it sounds like a great way to get the family out to greet the day. Love the beautiful park photos. You have wonderful trees to enjoy.

maryt/theteach January 16, 2009 at 6:39 AM  

Marites, thank you for your visit to My World. Your world seems like a wonderful place for walks and lovely afternoons. :)

George January 17, 2009 at 8:04 PM  

This looks like a beautiful park -- no wonder your father liked to jog there.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blog Directory for the Philippines
Blog Directory & Search engineblog search directory

  © Blogger template 'Perfection' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP