Friday, January 23, 2009

Terracotta Warriors of China

My China trip last December 2008 was not my first time in China. It was actually the third time I got there. The first time was in Shenzhen, China which was the nearest city from Hongkong. We only stayed for a day to visit the Windows of the World. However, the second trip to China was so far the most extended trip I did with my friends.

We visited four cities that included Shenzhen, Beijing, Xian and Shanghai. Each city has their own distinct personality and their own must-see places but one thing is common among them, all of their airports are quite huge and modern. I must say, more modern than a lot of airports I have seen in America.


All four cities have their own tourist magnets like for Shenzhen, they have the Windows of the World and Splendid China. Beijing has the Great Wall, Forbidden City and Summer Palace.
Shanghai has the Yuyuan Garden, Nanjing Road, the Bund. Xian has the Terracotta Army and the Mausoleum of Emperor Qin Shi Huang, the first emperor of China.

Xian’s Terracotta Army has warriors, archers, chariots, horses, musicians, acrobats and strongmen. First discovered sometime in 1974 in the outer suburbs of Xian, Shaanxi Province. The controversial Emperor Qin Shi Huang who was also the same emperor who initiated the building of the Great Wall of China built it.


According to our tourist guide, the Terracotta army is estimated to have 8000 warriors each with distinct facial features. Here are some pictures we took:




Terracotta warriors are widely imitated everywhere in the world and here's a pic of some of them.

SHARE AND ENJOY THIS POST: Digg ThisAdd To Del.icio.us Add To Furl Add To Reddit Fav This With Technorati Add To Yahoo MyWeb Add To Newsvine Add To Google Bookmarks Add To Bloglines Add To Ask Add To Windows Live Add To Slashdot Stumble This

10 comments:

George January 24, 2009 at 8:01 AM  

I've been to Xian twice and was amazed by the terracotta warriors both times. I'm glad they now allow you to take pictures -- we couldn't when I was there.

Dennis Villegas January 25, 2009 at 4:50 AM  

Wow, this is so fantastic, vast amount of ancient treasures right before your very eyes. I dreamed of seeing this in person, maritess. But with you pictures, I'm quite closer to reality ;)

Dennis Villegas January 25, 2009 at 4:52 AM  

I see that I haven't linked you up in my blogroll yet, but I will do so now!

PowersTwinB January 25, 2009 at 10:03 AM  

Oh my goodness what a cool photo, it almost shows the differnt faces! I love this! Thanks for visiting my hunt this weekend

yanix January 25, 2009 at 5:51 PM  

that is really cute! I hope I could go to china sooon!!

Oman January 26, 2009 at 4:59 AM  

great post marites and i envy you for experiencing those beautiful places in china. hope to go there sometime.

Anne January 26, 2009 at 5:04 AM  

Wow! Just amazing. I'd love to see them too.

Annie
http://www.slowtrav.com/blog/annienc/

Michelle January 26, 2009 at 10:25 AM  

Wow, what an amazing picture. I'd love to vacation in China someday. Thanks for sharing your trip and stopping by my place.

Anonymous January 29, 2009 at 5:23 PM  

hi mam tess, ask lang ko...plan man gud nko adto hk this march..pero la mi nag travel agency..unsaon pag adto sa china? pila magastos? thanks po

Ebie July 13, 2009 at 7:21 PM  

You are so lucky to see the warriors at its original site. We only saw a few exhibits here at the Bowers Museum in Orange County last year.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blog Directory for the Philippines
Blog Directory & Search engineblog search directory

  © Blogger template 'Perfection' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP