Thursday, April 21, 2011

Skywatch# 70 Bohol Dolphin Watching

My mother thought I was joking when I said we could watch dolphins in the wild while we were in Bohol. She realized I was serious when I hired a boatman to take us to where the dolphins were. The dolphins mostly swam around the waters of Pamilacan and Balicasag Islands.

Bohol

The day started with drizzling rain and I prayed that the skies would clear and the waters would be relatively calm as we do our dolphin watching.  Years ago, when I first did the dolphin watching, it only took us less than an hour to get to where the dolphins converged. Plus, there were fewer boat rentals wandering around looking for the dolphins.

Photobucket

This time, the number of boat rentals increased by threefold. They were about thirty dolphin watching boats carrying excited dolphin watchers that day.

As the minutes ticked by without so much a ripple from any dolphins' flippers, I was getting apprehensive. I wanted my mother to see the dolphins in the wild before we leave Bohol.  Thankfully, the rain stopped, the skies cleared and the waters were calm which somehow eased her nerves being in the boat for awhile. While some watchers were excitedly waiting ready with their camera, I saw this boatman calmly waiting on his boat.

Photobucket

Finally, a ripple on the waters got the boats scrambling after it. I strained my eyes and just in time saw flippers gently bobbing in and out of the waters. Dolphins!! My mother saw them too and was happily amazed.

Photobucket

Mission accomplished even if I didn't get better photos of the Bohol dolphins.

This is my entry for:

SHARE AND ENJOY THIS POST: Digg ThisAdd To Del.icio.us Add To Furl Add To Reddit Fav This With Technorati Add To Yahoo MyWeb Add To Newsvine Add To Google Bookmarks Add To Bloglines Add To Ask Add To Windows Live Add To Slashdot Stumble This

10 comments:

jo©o April 21, 2011 at 11:01 AM  

What a wonderful day out, bobbing up and down gently and waiting for them to appear.
Did you see any flying fish?

Nancy April 21, 2011 at 6:01 PM  

Lovely! I wish it was warm and sunny here. :) Great photos.

Sylvia K April 21, 2011 at 6:15 PM  

Does sound like a great day, Marites, and I'm so glad your Mom got to see the dolphins and that the skies cleared up! Love your captures for the day! Have a great weekend!

Sylvia

Magical Mystical Teacher April 21, 2011 at 6:20 PM  

You were rewarded for your waiting!



I WONDER WHY

I wonder why
Some love the sky
But not the wind and rain.

I wonder, friend,
If sky will end—
It’s too much for my brain!


© by Magical Mystical Teacher

Tree Folk & Sky

Al April 21, 2011 at 6:42 PM  

Wow, I'd love to see dolphins in the wild. But it's not likely where I live!

Wanda April 21, 2011 at 7:01 PM  

Just love the young man laying on the bow looking for the dolphin...Would love to trade places with him for a while.

Great shots....

Rajesh April 21, 2011 at 8:13 PM  

Wonderful shots. This sure is exciting trip.

http://graceolsson.com/blog April 21, 2011 at 10:59 PM  

mARITES!




Your photos are wonderful!
Did u look correctly the link that you have written on the blogs u commented? cause u wrote a wrong link on my blog.
Congrats, Marites...Your photos are simply wonderful...I am crazy for photos with sparkles...
Happy Easter

duopastorale April 23, 2011 at 1:13 PM  

Wow that looks like such a beautiful place.

Andrea April 27, 2011 at 6:42 PM  

I havent done that in Bohol, but i've seen dolphins also in Batanes and those passing by our waters in Batangas especially these dry months.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blog Directory for the Philippines
Blog Directory & Search engineblog search directory

  © Blogger template 'Perfection' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP